Why hire a photographer, anyway? | Family Photography Sessions
Yes, it's that time of year again, already! How bittersweet it is. Summer is over, the holidays are just around the corner, and it's time to book a Fall Family Session!
But why? Why is it so important to photograph your family every year?
This is not an attempt to vehemently promote myself or what I do. Some people really don't see the value of professional photography. After all, we have smart phones with pretty decent cameras. We all take pictures daily, whether it's our kid at karate, a gorgeous cup of coffee, or a burning sunset you just can't pass up. Look at people's Facebook pages. They are basically photo timelines that document someone's entire existence. So again, why hire a professional like me? I hire another photographer for my family every year, and always will.
1. Besides the obvious fact that I have VERY expensive equipment: It gets MOM in the picture, yes you, mom. How fun is it to set up a tripod and try to get the whole family to cooperate while you run back and forth... yeah.
2. Think of the memories you will pass on to your kids in the future. Ever looked at those yellow-ed, slightly out of focus pictures of your own parents/grandparents from, say, the 60s or 70s? Those pictures are the best! Your kids don't want to inherit 1000 pictures of themselves in 30 years. They want to see their parents next to them, the family as a whole.
3. The family session creates beautiful artwork for your home and family gifts. Think canvases, framed images, holiday cards, personalized coffee mugs.
4. Kids change so quickly (too quickly). For almost two decades kids grow like weeds! Their faces change, they get taller, they get braces, each year gives you thousands of memories that can be captured in one session.
5. A professionally and artistically trained photographer has the eye to capture you and your whole family in the best possible way. We want you to be ecstatic about your images. We want you to be overjoyed with how great everyone looks. We want to create a gallery that is like a magical time capsule that will engender the best memories and feelings for the rest of your life. Photographers are able to capture those tiny "in-between" moments where true personality and emotion comes out. Those are golden moments.
Anyway, there's my two cents. You will never regret a family session, I guarantee it. I can't wait for my own this year:)
Keywords: acacia falzone, acacia falzone photography, charleston, fall family sessions, family, family photography, holiday family sessions
No comments posted.
Recent PostsCharleston wedding photography : Alina + Patrick Amy : Red Rose Vintage : Dreamstream Chris Sullivan. Portrait of a musician. Baby it's cold! So take a look at Mexico and warm up. Fall/Winter Recap. More pretty people I got to spend time with! Summer/Fall Photography Recap... because I'm solo behind... Charleston Stylized Portrait Photography : Natalia, the Gypsy + the Mermaid Charleston Bridal Portrait Photography : Downtown with Amy The Americano - Viva la South - Mount Pleasant, South Carolina Sara's Bridal Portrait Session